Monday 8 August 2011

Wanting meaning to my life

So I haev been really emotional lately with life.  Not that my life is bad in anyway I just feel like I have yet to do something big with my life.  I know I have a daycare and I am a Epicure consultant but that just doesn't feel like enough for me.  I have always just wanted to write a children's book.  I just cant seem to figure out how and where to start.  I ready 2 books every night to my kids and the more and more I read the more and more I wish I could just but pen to paper and write a book.  I really don't know how people do it.  I am like that with Painting as well.  I love to paint I just have a hard time starting.  I am trying this new on line thing called fly lady and FLY stands for  Finally loving yourself.

(taken from Wikipedia)  FlyLady is a support and self-help group that offers advice to help people with housekeeping , founded by "The FlyLady", Marla Cilley[1]
The group is based upon the website FlyLady.net, as well as a Federated Media's BigTent group for its email mailing list.[2] Many members of FlyLady have stated that the group has helped them and has changed their lives.[3] [4]
FlyLady's messages cover topics include clutter, the value of routines, weekly and monthly cleaning, increased self-esteem, and letting go ofperfectionism. As of 2010, she has over 550,000 members on her email list. [5]A store on her website sells organizational tools and housewares, sent from the FlyLady Distribution Center in Brevard, NC. In 2007, sales from the store reached US$3 million. [6]


So far so good, but we will give it a week and see what happens.  I used to belong to this group when I fish had Faith in High River but when I moved into my Mother in laws before I moved to Victoria I just stopped it and remembered about it over the weekend and signed myself back up. 

I like my friend Shoka (think that's how you spell it)  am up over my head with consignment stuff.  I am also at it all weekend for a total of 8 hours.  Don't get paid for it but I do get to keep a higher % of what I sell. so it will be worth it and I love doing stuff like that.  Also a good way to meet other people in Victoria.  

1 comment:

  1. AHHH!!! I know exactly how you feel! Being a mother is great... but I feel the need for something more.. some personal accomplishment... AND I would love to write a children's book. Maybe we could throw some ideas around together?

    I've booked 4 hours in a row for consignor check in on friday... 12-4? I think.. my mom is coming to help and working the same shift and that will cover my 8 hours. You should check in with me! lol (if that's how it works!)

    ReplyDelete