Monday 4 April 2011

What a great Weekend

I have to say that I had a great weekend for a change. No fighting no nothing, which is great because I had a bad Thursday. I feel like I am always complaining lately so it was a nice change to have no complains. My cook book that I made with Austin school is done and turned out great. I would have to take credit for the whole thing. It was supposed to be a group effort but it turned out that i did all the work and I am so proud of it. i made a profit of over 1000 bucks maybe even close to 2000 bucks for the school and that is great. Austin will not be at that school next year so I am happy to leave something behind for the teachers and students also Austin has something to remember his 2 years at Eagle View. Saturday I went to a information program for children ages 0-6 and that was really interesting. The kids had a great time with the jumping castle and crafts and park. After that I decided that I would take the kids to the SPCA to teach them about the animals there. Those poor little guys get no attention sometimes so I educated the kids about how they have no home and we took dog and cat food in for them and we discovered that there is a lot of Rabbits abandoned there. I wish I could rescue a dog but that wont happen anytime soon. I think the kids really got a lot out of our visit an I plan on taking them again and this time bring produce for all those rabbits. Sunday was good. Spent some time with my mom, Faith had gymnastics and had coffee with a friend while the kids played. It was nice to get out of the house. Always stuck at my house all week makes me grumpy. So another busy week ahead with beavers, gymnastics meetings and I want to get some more stuff done for my earth Quake kit. There was another earth quake, this time in in India and from what I heard from Japan's Earthquake is that the more earthquakes there are in the work the more likely it is that Victoria will have an earthquake cause the earthquakes are shifting the plates under us and when it happens god good, I will be getting my butt off this Island ASAP cause there will be nothing left for me here, thats just my prediction. I am trying my hardest to get my mom to get her butt in gear because she does live alone and who knows how long it will take for me to get to here after an earthquake happens. I don't know if I am just being paranoid but I really do believe it is gonna happen soon and it scares me to death that nobody is taking it seriously. If it means life or Death for my children I am gonna get as prepared as I can for our survival. Mid month Payday is usually my good Payday so I am gonna get some more stuff for my kit. I am also in charge of my sons school and I have to get there Earthquake kit going to I have to do that sooner or later, cause 230 people our counting on the stuff and I have no idea what the school already has. I know they have a kit but is it up to date. Anyways now that I have made me more paranoid about this big Earthquake coming I should end my post.

2 comments:

  1. it may be a good thing that we've been having little earthquakes. The plates have to shift and better that we have a lot of little ones to relieve the pressure than one big one. Also, the fault line near us runs down into the states and it's like 50% more likely a big one will happen down there than at our end of the fault line. AND even if we did have a big one, we wouldn't have the same water damage as Japan because of the straight - I'm more worried about my parents living in Richmond which is technically below sea level than us.
    It's still disconcerting that there are so many quakes happening but that's why I read what I could find about our fault line. Another thing to consider is that because of technology and media we may just be hearing about quakes a lot more than we used to.
    I'm still putting together an earthquake kit for us, but this information made it easier for me to sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know I am a worried type of person. I find the info you get all depends on what Channel you are watching. I am not so worried about wave so much, I know I am safe from any wave, I do worry about the size of the earthquake though. I totally hear you though, I have to just lay off the News lol.... Maybe I should get a game or something to play :)

    ReplyDelete